Spend some time on the Lord’s Day resting and meditating on scripture, and reflect on this profound question: What is love?
If you get a chance, maybe you can find a quiet moment and sit down with your Bible and your journal, (and a cup of tea) and meditate upon some of these verses while you answer these questions:
- I John 4:7 (Where does love come from?)
- I Corinthians 13 (What does love ‘look like’?)
- Romans 5:5 (How do we acquire love?)
- Romans 8:35, 39 (Can anything separate us from love?)
- Romans 12:10 (How could I show love today?)
- Romans 13:10 (How else?)
- Galatians 5:22 (What is evidence that God’s Spirit is at work in my marriage?)
- Philippians 1:9-10, I Thessalonians 3:12 (How can I grow in love?)
- II Timothy 1:7 (Is love powerful?)
- Titus 2:4 (Do women have to be taught to love their husbands?)
- I John 2:5 (How can we perfect the art of love?)
- I John 3:18 (Is it enough to just say “I love you”?
- II John 1:6 (What is love?)
Have a blessed Lord’s Day, and walk in love today. Of the three, faith, hope and love, the greatest is love (1 Corinthians 13:13).