Continue to say I do every day to each other, to build a solid marriage of commitment and love.
Practice these daily I Do’s
- I do forgive you.
- I do want to spend the rest of my life with you.
- I do think you are the most interesting man I know.
- I do find you attractive.
- I do choose you again and again.
- I do keep myself only unto you.
- For better or for worse, I do.
To every I do, there is an I don’t.
Some things you’ll have to say I don’t to:
- I don’t choose to take offense.
- I don’t want to say that hateful comment.
- I don’t keep a record of your failures.
- I don’t compare you to others.
- I don’t fight for my rights.
To every I don’t, there’s an I do:
- I don’t get to do whatever I want whenever I want. . . because I do get to spend time with you..
- I don’t get to spend all the money how I want. . . because I do want to help you succeed.
- I don’t have any privacy . . . because I do enjoy sharing my most intimate moments with you.
- I don’t get any time to myself. . . . because I do never want to be lonely again.
[quote]Always remember the power of I do; it’s all it takes to sustain a marriage, through the grace and favor of God’s covenant keeping power.[/quote]
Whatever he happens to suggests today–surprise him by saying, I do!
- Yes, I do want to go to the hardware store with you!
- Yes, I do want to do yard work with you!
- Yes, I do want to drop everything and run to town for a burger.
- Yes, I do want to go fishing with you!
- Yes, I do want to be with you!
And Marc, I still do!
Shared with friends at: